The SIOP Electronic Communications Committee will be hosting an online special guest on the Exchange Tuesday, October 4. SIOP's 2011 Leading Edge Consortium opening keynote speaker Courtney Hunt will be online all day to answer questions and respond to comments posted in response to her blog post regarding the virtual workforce. Anyone interested in the topic of virtual work is invited to read the post and leave comments or questions for Hunt.
Courtney Hunt, PhD is the Principal of Renaissance Strategic Solutions (RSS), a consultancy that helps organizations increase their effectiveness through the design and implementation of innovative and leading-edge strategies and programs. Specializing in social media, communication, and human capital management, RSS works with organizations of all sizes in both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors, in a wide range of industries. RSS is the founder and sponsor of the Social Media in Organizations (SMinOrgs) Community. More about Hunt can be found here.
Hunt's blog post will be published Tuesday morning, so stay tuned! Some of the topics she is hoping to discuss with readers include:
- What are the primary implications of new digital technologies on the notions of work and workplaces?
- What are some of the specific ways in which new digital technologies can be applied to improve work efficiency and/or effectiveness at individual, group/team, and organizational levels?
- What are some of the specific challenges that new digital technologies present in the context of work?
- What are some of the key topics and questions I-O psychologists in both academic and practitioner settings should explore?
- If you’ve conducted recent research on virtual work, what did you study? What were your findings and implications?
Join the discussion Tuesday, October 4!