The SIOP Exchange is a tool conceived and created by the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (“SIOP”) Electronic Communications Committee (“Committee”) in 2009 as a means to facilitate discussion and a sense of community amongst SIOP members and the industrial-organizational (I-O) profession as a whole. The SIOP Exchange is meant to spur discussion of important and timely issues within SIOP and the field of I-O.
The SIOP Exchange is NOT a platform for disruptive, commercial or hateful opinions and speech. As such, (i) you are prohibited from posting, and (ii) The SIOP Exchange does not accept the following content in posts or comments:
• commercial endorsements for a particular person, service, company or school/program
• any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including, without limitation, any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, state, national or international laws
• patently false information that does not represent opinion
• racist/sexist/ageist/homophobic or ad hominem attacks
• any information or other material that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including material that is, or is deemed to be, an invasion of privacy or publicity rights, or that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or rights holder
• other content deemed inappropriate for The SIOP Exchange by the Committee
The Committee reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to censor or delete posts and comments containing such content and/or bar the author from The SIOP Exchange.
The Committee reserves the right to edit or excuse these rules at any time without notice.
The opinions and views expressed in posts and comments on The SIOP Exchange are those of the author(s) and not necessarily the opinions of SIOP or the Committee as a whole. Neither SIOP nor the Committee endorses the contents, thoughts, feelings, opinions or any other remarks made by authors and commenter’s on The SIOP Exchange, nor does either make any claim to responsibility for what those authors and commenters write or post on the SIOP Exchange. The SIOP Administrative Office serves as technical support to facilitate physical posting of content to the site and in no way has editorial authority or responsibility over posts or the contents thereof. This editorial authority and responsibility is reserved for the Committee, which screens authors and content when deemed appropriate and necessary by the committee. For security purposes, the SIOP Administrative Office and Committee are the only entities with access to physically post authors’ content to The SIOP Exchange. This does not include comments, which are generally open to the public. The Committee does pre-screen posts, but generally will not edit content, except to censor profanity, hate speech, misrepresentation of facts, and any other content deemed inappropriate for a professional and scholarly exchange to the best of the Committee’s knowledge. For more information, please see The SIOP Exchange Editorial Guidelines under the "Submit a Post" section of this Web site.